Thursday, September 8, 2011

purple


my first 7" is on its way back to me as part of the noyes records singles series. my dear friend adam hartling made the art based on woody allen's glasses. the single is limited to 300 copies. the first 100 are on light blue for the noyes records singles series and the other 200 are standard black. you can hear the songs at weneedsecrets.bandcamp.com. the record also comes with my first published short story called "what i was thinking when i should have been laughing" which is kind of exciting. i've always been big on liner notes, so i thought i should try to spice my own up.



next up is the split 7" with dartmouth's sea glasses. i sold garrett a modified mxr blue box two years ago and we've kind of stayed in touch since then. his side of the record is absolutely phenomenal and blows my side out of the water. my side is called "melancholy and the archive" as a tribute to my friend jonathan boulter who wrote a book of the same name. those should be mixed and finished very shortly and the record should be out sometime in september. i think we're keeping it to 200 copies on clear vinyl.

there's also an lp that's about 50% done. hoping to have that off to the presses by january first. my friend alex edkins from metz is playing guitar on it, which is super exciting for me.

the first run of yo rodeo shirts are almost all gone, as are the tapes. there are new shirts in the works and i may re-print the yo rodeo ones since they were so popular.

---

i had a pretty good summer in manhattan. i got to see a few of my favorite bands and spent a lot of time at strand books.

No comments:

Post a Comment